Lighthouses - Wandering101Photography

favorites

Powered by SmugMug Log In

The first lighthouse at Point Arena opened on May 1, 1870. It was destroyed in the San Francisco earthquake of April 18, 1906. With four months a wooden structure had been rased as work was begun on the new lighthouse. The second tower (this time made of reenforced concrete) was completed on September 15, 1908. The station was automaged in 1977.

lighthousePoint ArenaPoint Arena LighthouseCaliforniaoceanpacific oceanWandering 101 Photography